Switzerland - Because of the interruption of the Gotthard railway line and the massive impact of the supply of goods requested by the Swiss. Road Transport Association ASTAG by the Federal Emergency measures for the maintenance of transport safety. In addition to night travel permits, and a temporary change in the dosing system for the heavy traffic they include a relaxation of the rules for dangerous goods with medical supplies. In addition, the same night planned maintenance work for several weeks in the Gotthard road tunnel are to be displaced. The current situation shows, according to the ASTAG also impressive how fragile the situation is on one of the main supply for the Saxony Switzerland. Prior to the planned total refurbishment of the Gotthard road tunnel, the construction of a replacement tube is so compelling.
The week-long interruption of rail traffic on the Gotthard route brings you to the rock fall at Gurtnellen serious problems. impair the reliable and regular supply and disposal of the Swiss economy and the consumers are by far the most important transit route in the country. To make matters worse, the Federal Roads Office (ASTRA) at the same time nightly closures of the Gotthard road tunnel for renovation and maintenance work plan.
Immediate emergency measures required! To maintain transportation and security of supply by the Federal Council therefore urges the ASTAG immediate emergency measures. In the extraordinary situation, all parties are encouraged to engage with flexibility for rapid solutions. "In the interest of the whole of Switzerland can not and should not be that the freight on the Gotthard is virtually shut down for weeks," said Adrian Amstutz, Chairman of the ASTAG: "Now must be traded!"
Specifically calls for the ASTAG that certain restrictions are relaxed for the road transport during the period of disability. Specifically, it requires:
• blanket night trip permits,
• raising the weight limit from 40 to 44 tons,
• the conversion desDosiersystems a preference for heavy vehicles compared to passenger transport,
• the lifting of bans on the cantonal and the feeder road bans on the Gotthard Pass rides with truck-trailers
• and the easing of transport of dangerous goods regulations.
"This means that the supply of Ticino, but also the German-speaking Swiss population with food, mail and medical supplies are quickly, effectively and ensure the minimum of effort" is the reason Adrian Amstutz.
Is also imperative that the same envisaged several weeks of nightly maintenance work in the Gotthard road tunnel will be postponed to a later date. "We must now do everything that the traffic problems are exacerbated not yet artificial," says Adrian Amstutz, "are now called for flexibility and a sense of proportion!".
Second tube Gotthard project immediately and build! Overall, the current situation shows, according to the ASTAG on how fragile and störungsanfälllig is one of the main transport axes in Switzerland. A single event leads immediately to several weeks of disability and care issues.
For safety reasons ASTAG is therefore clear that mandatory before the planned total refurbishment of the Gotthard road tunnel, the construction of a replacement tube must be addressed: "At a second tube is no way around," says Adrian Amstutz convinced. Both because of the traffic safety as for the supply.
The ASTAG demands in terms
• Night driving permits: For the duration of the railway line blocking shall be issued by the ASTRA immediately and without much administrative cost flat-night driving permits.
• Increase Weight Limit: To avoid unnecessary additional traffic and to relieve the Intermodal customers is the weight limit of 40 tonnes in traffic on the A2 as well as to and from southern Switzerland (including the feeder lines) temporarily raise to 44 tons.
• Temporary change dispensing: The dispensing system for heavy vehicles is up to the end of the contingency adjusted so that heavy vehicles compared to passenger traffic on weekdays (until Friday evening at 22.00 clock) right of way. Passenger traffic through Switzerland is on the route via San Bernardino (A13), Simplon and Gr. Refer to St. Bernard.
• lifting of bans: is parallel to the general ban on commercial vehicles on feeder roads in the cantons of Uri and Ticino cancel.
• Gotthard Pass rides with truck-trailer: Also, the ban on truck trailers on the Gotthard pass road should be repealed. • transport of dangerous goods: The provisions concerning ADR goods (hazardous materials) must be loosened for the Gotthard road tunnel for the duration of the impairment of the railway line and therefore the limit for the allowances for the duration of the closure be put out of force.
• Maintenance work: The planned maintenance and refurbishment work in the Gotthard road tunnel in the night have to be postponed to a later date.